Wednesday, January 23, 2013

First. Post. Ever.


I’ve done it! Really done it! FINALLY posted on my blog. Didn’t think it would ever happen, but here I am. Bear with me as I find my way, if I waited until it was perfect it would never be posted. Let’s hope my first is not my last.
What can you expect from my blog? Who knows! I’ve plenty of projects and ideas to share, old and new. I am a crafter, scrapbooker, dabble in mixed media, sew, barely knit, and I used to draw. I’m a mother, a wife, and me. I like to fly my freak flag with pride, so expect to see a bit of everything.
Ali Edwards is an incredibly talented lady. In 2006 she started the “one little word” for herself. It always catches my attention, but I have never done it. She teaches a class on it at Big Picture Classes. While I have taken a class there before, I haven’t gotten to this one yet. This year I couldn’t shake the idea. 2012 was a blur. I have no idea where the time went. Stretched too thin, I felt I was on auto-pilot and not living my life. That can only last so long before a family starts to feel mama’s pressure. I felt like I was not doing my best. I didn’t want 2013 to feel that way.

My son, Domonik, had a Lego Star Wars themed party. We made a game where I filled mini silver balloons with quotes. I also drew lines so they looked like the Death Star, but whatever. When I was looking for quotes Yoda caught me. Old wise man, was he. I wanted to mix the one little word idea with the quote to keep me grounded through the coming year.

“Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try”.        -Yoda
 
The journalling says "In order to do what is best for my family, I need to learn to say no".
 Supplies used: Bazzill Basics cardstock; Harmonie patterned paper; Bella Blvd., Tim Holtz tape; CTMH ink; Tim Holtz Distress marker; Yoda sticker Creative Imaginations; buttons and staples unknown; Mini glue dots by Stix2; Ranger Stickles; Clear brackets by Making Memories; Authentique, American Crafts letters.
 
The quote is part of the reason I’m actually following through with the blog. Domonik told me I needed one. I said I would. So I do.



Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. Bad, not. Good? YES YES YES! Awesome post, Rhea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love me some Yoda ..... AND some Rhea!!! I shall be following your life journey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see it happen Rhea!! Domonik is very smart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome first post! Welcome to the Blogging World! Love the page you did and I agree, Yoda was quite the wise fellow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to blogland, it is a lovely community. Great page and such true words. No is my fave word, once you learn to use it, it can be invigorating.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for visiting, I'd love it if you left a comment.