Saturday, March 9, 2013

Where's my spark?

Hey Everyone!
 
Do you ever have one of those days where nothing you touch seems to look right? When you have really great plans of being productive, ideas swirling in your head, and then blah. You make an ugly card, and that's it. That's been me. ALL week long.
 
The only shiny pretty thing I have to show you was made at the beginning of last month. I was part of a Twinchie Swap at Crop Circles. A Twinchie is a 2" square decorated, and the completed pieces can be used for cards, scrapbook pages, banners, etc. I plan on using them for a wall art piece for my future office (don't get me started) showing of my crafty friends. I have all of the Twinchies at my house to sort and send a mixed set back to each participant, and they are all fabulous. I can only show mine, but Cathy posted hers this week. Click the link on the side bar to go to "In The Cat Cave" to see her sparkly creations.
 

Supplies: Bazzil cardstock; Ink, crackle paint, stains, Tim Holtz for Ranger; Tim Holtz Stamp;
Unity Stamp Co. phrase stamp; unknown canvas paper.
 
Upon receiving some of them I did make a quick set of embellished pieces, some twinchies, some just random scrap sizes. I try to stay productive even when I have no luck completing. I have a stack of embossed card fronts that I ink during theses lulls.
 
 
 
Hopefully your creative spark was bright, maybe I will be in a better crafty mood next week.
 
Enjoy!
P.S. On a happy note, look what hubby brought me back from his trip on Thursday!
I may have to do a week of Little Yellow Bicycle.
 

3 comments:

  1. Those twinchies are amazing and thanks for the "shout out". Love those burlap pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you always have little bits to work on during your creative "lulls". That is a great idea. I cannot wait to get these twinchies in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You DO know that Warren is a keeper right? Kenny would NEVER venture in any 'craft' store, or even the craft section at Walmart (unless he's "lost" me, lol). Love the tray, and can't wait for the recital post :0)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for visiting, I'd love it if you left a comment.