Saturday, April 6, 2013

Blocked

Yet again I feel as though I've hit a creative block.
By now you should know how much I like to scrap while watching tv.
Normally it helps (music is required for sewing).
It could just be that Nathan Fillion is too funny in "Firefly". 
 
Even with the block, I need to do something.
Another gift from the talented Cathy, In The Cat Cave, was this stamp set by Stampin' Up.
 
 
 Follow the link to her Stampin' Up online consultant store and check out the great products available.
 
I grabbed some light scraps and my Ranger Distress inks. I did a few of each, not worrying about the text portion as I wanted to cut them out.
 Next I stamped the images again on another light scrap. After stamping I notched for a flag end, or punched with a large EK Success punch.
Inked the pieces with my trusty "Gathered Twigs" Distress ink and Inkssentials dauber. I misted each piece with water and dabbed away the droplets with my craft cloth.
Normally I would use my heat gun, but I am in even more disarray than normal with the renos in the home of my future office/studio and adjoining laundry room.
 
 
Out of foam squares (rather, I lost them), I keep scrap chipboard handy to raise elements on cards. Sometimes foam squares alone can cause sag spots in the voids between squares. Having chipboard between paper and foam helps eliminate this.
 
I've managed to pull out the papers I plan to use and cut card size pieces.
 
 
 Now I'm stuck.
 
Here's hoping my April Crop Circles Blog Hop idea makes a miraculous entrance and coordinates with my hands by the 10th.
Stay tuned!
Enjoy!







1 comment:

  1. Oh my god, I missed this one!! I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE these!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for visiting, I'd love it if you left a comment.