My uber talented friend Natasha Connolly is thinking she may stop scrapbooking. Gasp. Please don't fall off your chair. Sometimes we all reach the point in a hobby when we are fulfilled or ready to do something different.
I couldn't let her separate from her scrappy life without a last burst of creative momentum at the crop she is attending this weekend. So I challenged her.
I know she has 2 large pizza boxes perfect for packing, and oversize ziplock baggies. Suggested she get photos in order (or at least know orientation and size she plans on using) and pack 30 page kits, including sketches.
Oh there's more...
She has to:
1. Use a product she was so in love with long ago, but drifted apart from.
2. Create a layout with hearts.
3. Travel the galaxy. Could be as simple as stars, or a misty background reminiscent of the Milky Way.
4. Journal heavy. Could be short, but heavy in meaning; or long story.
5. Find inspiration in her fellow retreaters. I know some of the ladies in attendance, they are fabulous. Crazy talent. Talk to them, look at their work, and let them inspire you, and follow where it leads.
My hope is Natasha either rekindles her joy in scrapbooking, or goes out with a bang. And invites me to her yard sale.
In all seriousness, it's what I hope a friend will do for me when I lose my way creatively.
That's what friends are for, to help us along the way on the path of life.
Check back to our blogs to see the outcome. Better still, join the challenge yourself, leave a comment to let me know your blog or email and I will link you up too!